Uses of Walnuts Or Akhrots
- Most often walnuts are eaten on their own as a snack.
- They can also be added to salads, pasta, breakfast cereals, soups, baked goods, etc.
- Kashmiri Pandits make use of walnuts in their rituals.
- In Kashmir, walnuts are used to make walnut chutney
- Walnuts are used to make walnut fudges which are a perfect desert
- Walnut cakes are also quite popular
- Walnut and Spinach dish is also made in Kashmir
Benefits of Walnuts
- Help to reduce body weight
- Improve endocrine parameters in polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Help to control Diabetes
- Improve thinking ability
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases